The US President tweeted, "On the ten-year anniversary of the Mumbai terror attack, the US stands with the people of India in their quest for justice".
The announcement came on the eve of the tenth anniversary of the assault, which left 166 people dead and hundreds injured after Islamist militants from Pakistan unleashed a wave of violence across India's financial capital lasting three days.
He condemned terrorism in all its forms and manifestations and urged the global community to call upon Pakistan to bring the perpetrators of this heinous terrorist attacks to justice.Sarna thanked the State Department for instituting a "Rewards for Justice" programme announcing a bounty for any information leading to arrest or conviction of any individual involved in planning or facilitating the attacks.
The US department on Monday said that it is committed to working with its worldwide partners to identify and punish those who were responsible for the 26/11 attacks.
"It is a matter of deep anguish that even after 10 years of this heinous terror attack, the families of 166 victims from 15 countries across the globe still await closure", it said.
Pompeo also asserted that the U.S. will call upon Pakistan, to uphold its UN Security Council obligation to implement sanctions against the terrorists responsible for this atrocity.
The rewards have not worked so far and Saeed operates openly in Pakistan, leaving the effectiveness of the latest steps open to question.
My hug worked: Navjot Sidhu on Pakistan opening Kartarpur corridor
Kartarpur Sahib in Pakistan is located across the river Ravi, about four kilometres from the Dera Baba Nanak shrine in Punjab's Gurdaspur district.
The Mumbai attack case in which seven Lashkar-e-Taiba members are facing charges of planning and executing the deadly strike since 2009 is still being dragged on in a Pakistani anti-terror court though the Islamabad High Court in 2015 directed that the case should be wrapped up in two months.
A day ahead of the 10th anniversary of the terrorist attack in Mumbai on 26 November, 2008, United States Secretary of State Mike Pompeo issued a statement expressing "solidarity with the people of India and the city of Mumbai". So we must all work together to end the scourge of terrorism.
Meanwhile, France, Israel and the United Kingdom took a similar stand, condemning the Mumbai terror attack.
The 26/11 Mumbai terror attack has completed 10 years today and this was really one of the most terrible experience India faced in the recent past.
Also, the official spokesperson of the Ministry of External Affairs, Raveesh Kumar cited the official Twitter account of British Deputy High Commission in Mumbai and retweeted them saying, "Today we remember families of victims and survivors of the #MumbaiTerrorAttacks".
An Indian comando rappels from a helicopter during an operation at Nariman House in Mumbai.