"Guys, I'm nearly 40 years old", he said in a video Thursday. I'm not going to continue to go back and tap into the days of old.
"I chose to pass on the apology", Hart said.
This is a breaking story and will be updated.
In a post on Instagram at about 11 p.m. Hart said the tweets were from almost a decade ago and that he has matured since then.
7 upcoming flagship phones we expect to feature the Snapdragon 855
Qualcomm is now hosting its Snapdragon Summit, so expect more details on the Snapdragon 855 to be revealed in the coming days. It'll take seconds to download a full TV season , and doctors will be able to perform remote surgeries in real time.
In another of the tweets in question, Hart jokes that someone's Twitter profile pic looks "like a gay billboard for AIDS". NOTHING. I work hard on a daily basis to spread positivity to all... with that being said. if u want to search my history or past and anger yourselves with what u find that is fine with me.
Hart added in another tweet that he was "sorry that I hurt people", and hopes one day he and the Academy can meet again.
"We feed into the Internet trolls and we reward them, I'm not going to do it, man".
The video marked the second dispatch posted by Hart on Thursday addressing his controversial tweets. For his part, Hart said in his video: "Regardless, Academy I'm thankful and appreciative of the opportunity. I'm going to be me, and stand my ground", he continued. In the first one he was dismissive of the controversy, saying he had had time to "grow" in the years since sharing the offensive tweets. I'm going to be me.
"Hart's obsession with making unfunny, disrespectful and inappropriate jokes about a community he has shown nothing but bile for along with a string of unrepentant responses to any criticism paints him as someone entirely undeserving of a spot on the Oscars stage", Lee argued Wednesday. Rather was set to produce the 84th Academy Awards, but when asked what his plans for the show were, he commented that, 'Rehearsal is for f*gs.' This came during a public Q&A while he was out promoting his latest movie Tower Heist.
The Academy did not immediately respond to a request for comment.