When Dr Hung looked at He's eye through a microscope, he spotted tiny legs of the bees in her ducts and feeding off the moisture and salt of her tears. After attempting to wash the foreign object from her eye, the woman began to feel severe pain, and her eye began to swell. Again, no, it was bees.
Be warned: the photo below is not for the faint of heart.
But both He's eyesight, and the lives of the bees, were saved by the fact she had not rubbed her eyes.
Halictidae or "sweat bees" are found all over the world.
A doctor noticed something in the eye and then pulled out the first of four "sweat bees" - each no more than four millimetres long.
Google accidentally reveals its budget Pixel phone, the ‘Pixel 3a’
The Google Store pages revealed that Google's Connected Home product lineup could be gaining a new " Google Nest Hub Max ". This is a clear indication that the search engine giant is aiming for a mid-2019 launch for the Pixel 3a series .
However, she started experiencing a stinging pain and here eye would tear up constantly. "I was squatting down and pulling out weeds", she said, according to Business Insider.
Doctors said if the woman had waited much longer to come in, they might have had to remove her eyeball. "If she did she could have induced the bees to produce venom ... she could have gone blind".
He was discharged and is expected to make a full recovery, KRON-TV reported.
While there are more than 1,000 species of sweat bees in the United States, Canada and Central America, according to Terminix, they are nearly painless, and only sting when they are provoked.
Each bee was extracted alive and was sent to another organization to be studied.
"This is the first time in Taiwan we've seen something like this", the doctor said.